Pintrest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 24 December 2011

Leopard Print Nails - A first attempt

I wanted to try my hand at some nail art using grey nail polish, but after painting the grey on, I was stuck as to what to do as a design and what colours to use.

Whenever I'm stuck for ideas it's Google to the rescue! I did an image search for 'grey nail art' and found this Grey and white leopard print manicure. I thought it was beautiful, but wondered if I would be able to actually do it. I carried on looking at the other images but kept on coming back to this same one.

I decided to try drawing it out with the nail varnish on a piece of paper with my left hand (as I am actually right handed so thought If I can manage to do it with my left then I'm sorted and would easily be able to do it with my right hand. Below is my paper practise.


I was happy with my test so I got my new Dotting Tools (eBay £2.65 for set of 5 with free p&p UK seller too) and started putting white dots randomly on my nails.

Once I had done that, I got my black nail colour and using the nail art brush made lines and 'V' shapes around the white dots and around them too.

It wasn't too hard to do and I think the final look isn't too far off the original image that inspired me, Well I'm happy for a 1st attempt anyway, even did one of the girls at work the same design, but hers had yellow where mine is white **NB using yellow meant I had to first dot the nails with white then go over them with the yellow so it would show up, then add the black 'Vs'**

No comments:

Post a Comment